Conner's Grandma

Monday, September 11, 2006

This is crazy, it is 11:15 and I have already been to bed. But something pulled me out to post this or I wouldn't go to sleep.
As you all well know Midlife has hit and with that comes getting rid of things that you don't need anymore. Most of you who know me well know that I have not thrown out a birthday card I have gotten since I was 17 (Yes I have them all). Today was a cleansing day !!! I found a large bag of cards that needed to be gone through. I had saved some for Michelle from her father and my wedding. She said throw them all out except for the ones from my Grandama Mousaw (who passed away when Michelle was very young) With that done and a large pile on the floor in front of me, I also found my Highschool Graduation cards. Yes 28 years ago and I have carted them since then. Some made me laugh, some I could not remember the sender??? But one made me sob.... It was a card from my Aunt Mary who passed away a year ago last May. I have been trying since then to express how I felt about her and could never get out quiet what I wanted. There was something extrememly special about her to me that only she and I knew. I was reading the card as I was talking to Michelle on the phone and almost could not finish it. This is what I had been looking for. This is what Aunt Mary did for me, how she made me feel... It is a beautiful baby blue card with an encouraging verse on the front, but the inside wriiten by her was wonderful. It follows:
June 23, 1978
Debbi,
Your smile always brings happiness to those it shines on, Thank God for you.
May your unbounded enthusiasm always enlighten those aroung you, So in this world with so many saddening things may your zest for life remain as full as the flower in Spring.
Your present was yesterdays future, may your dreams of days gone by, be yours today. "Special" thats you.
Congratulations, Al & Mary
This is how my Aunt Mary made me feel about myself. What a wonderful gift God gave me when he gave me her as an Aunt. The encouragement that I must have felt at 18 when I read this card obviously carried me through some rough time and now all these years later it is an answer to many prayers from me about where my life should go... She has guided me again. Just simple be happy, love life and know that you are "Special" if only to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home