Conner's Grandma

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christams Trees

Well I can't get my pictures to upload today so the story continues and the pictures may follow. I am absolutely in Love with Christmas trees. I have been for as long as I can remember. The more lights the better. I love the small twinkling kind. I usually wrap colored and white. I think there are 600 lights this year and if Jack would have let me get away with it I would have had 1000. Actually I had great helping hands from Conner putting the lights on this year. if I would have known how much he was going to enjoy this task I would have set up the video camera. I thought about getting it in the middle but, the moment might have been lost and I shall cherish it forever in my memory. It was just he and I and the brand new Christmas lights. he would walk in front of me round and round the tree tucking where he thought they needed to be and I kept feeding the lights having to stop where the new tie was to be untied, then on we continued.Three boxes of them. After each box and sometimes in between he would just jump up and down and clap and laugh so hard right from his belly. "Look Gandma" I bet you we high fived 20 times. When the lights where up I had fully intended on putting the ornaments on but, Conner was just so happy there was no way I was ruining that moment. Grandpa was laying down and Conner had tried to get him up a few times. When we were done Grandpa came to look. You would have thought that he had just painted the Mona Lisa. Well this tickled Grandpa so much that he has decided that each time Conner comes he will have and art project waiting for him to do. Yes i am serious. This last time it was a snowman, cut out the circles and glue them on a sheet. Brandi said Dad never did that with us !!! Grandchildren are a treasure !!! Obviously those of you who know us know that Conner is the center of our lives. He brings us so much joy words can't explain. the Lord has sent us our own little "Star".
The tree is finally decorated with Styrofoam cups with kindergarten pictures to paper stars with 2nd grade pictures to Baby's first Christmas 3 times 1980-1985-1988. My grandma Pharoah's beautiful crocheted stars and Jack's grandparents little elf heads on the end of some lights. There are a few special bought ornaments from others but mostly homemade from felt to cross stitch.tongue depressors painted and glued to look like stars, tooth picks painted and glued to a gold circle to look like a star.I could go on more but lunch is calling.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Brynn P. said…

    thats so cute! I think it's the age....Jocelyn also loves making stuff. I love that "grandpa" is going to have a project waiting for conner!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home