Conner's Grandma

Friday, July 27, 2012

Funny day

Brandi has just had Gastric bypass surgery and I have been driving back and forth to Saranac Lake. One of my mornings went like this. When I turned from the Nicholville to St Regis Falls and then to Saranac through the Santa Clara forest these things happened. 1st a dead deer beside the road which always makes me unhappy. 2nd a small fawn jumps into the road sliding across the pavement (oh what a road burn) then proceeds to run frantically in front of me in the road for 1/2 mile over a hill as I held my breath. Then finally of into the woods. next was a flock of turkeys that seemed to wan to let me know the road was theirs until they decided to walk off. Ok so all the wildlife ends. Next road has a lovely road block with Border patrol and State Police "yes I am a US citizen". I finally think I am on my way...oh no PAVING as I sit for quite a while for a truck to lead me around a 2 mile 30 mph stretch of highway to the other side of the road detour !!! Finally landing me at the Hospital a little after 9 am. For me that is quite a complication to ake place before 9am. But it did make my day. For those of you who don't know this route there is nothing and I mean nothing between these to spots except BEAUTIFUL FOREST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home