Conner's Grandma

Friday, January 03, 2014

Starting 2014

As I sit here today, and look over the past year, I'm amazed at the changes that have taken place in my family. Brandi was married to Kazz Marsey on June 1st 2013, in Palmyra New York Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A reception was held at churches girls camp. Many of Kazz's family traveled from Mousiouri and Idaho and Vermont to attend the ceremony and reception. Another reception was held at our home and Massena New York on June 22, 2013.

Jack also married this year to Bobbie Cartner on November 22, 2013 and Massena New York. They were married by the Massena town justice Gerald Scharlow at the town hall. Jack and Bobbie gave us a whole two days' notice of their wedding. Although done very quickly it was a sweet and touching ceremony.

So a year that started with three children and one grandson, ended up with Jack and I having five children and a grandson. Having all of our children out on their own has been twofold for me one of elation and the other of sadness. I tend to hang onto old ways and feel that I always need to rescue them when times get rough. Although watching them handle their own problems when I stepped back gives me great pride in all of them.

Conner age 8, is growing so it is always a delight to have around. He is now in third grade and just loves to read. Michelle has a hard time keeping enough books around for him. We are so proud of him and love him so much. He loves Legos and sits by the hour playing with them. For Christmas this year Conner was given a laptop, TV, snowboard that is just to name a few so he had a wonderful Christmas needless to say.

A few days after Christmas Jack moved from his apartment at laurel terrace To Bobbie's apartment on East Orvis Street and Massena. Bobbie has hyphenated her last name to Cartner-Vaisey. Jack and Bobbie traveled to Wolcott New York to visit grandpa Vaisey and then on to Buffalo New York for Bobbie to visit her aunt and uncle for the first time in five years.

Brandi and Kazz moved to Idaho falls Idaho on November 21, 2013. On their way driving across the U.S. They encountered a blizzard in Wyoming and were stranded there for two days. It was a rather the scary experience for all of us. But thanks to many prayers they finally made it to the new apartment. Brandi started a new job January 2, 2014 at a veterinary clinic near where they live. Kazz will start Brigham Young University Idaho on Monday January 6, 2014. Our prayers are constantly with them. Kazz's father J P Johnson and his wife Lynne live very close to BrandI and Kazz. That makes our worry much less as they have family that loves them nearby.

At the beginning of November I started to have gallbladder attacks. Two weeks before Christmas I had my gallbladder remove. At Massena hospital. Dr. Daye was my Dr. Shortly after getting home I had some complications and needed to go back into the hospital for five days. I am now home one month after surgery and get better each day. I'm so glad that my gallbladder is no longer with me!

As soon as I and back on my feet fully Jack and I will be on our way to Florida to stay with my parents. That day cannot come soon enough for me right now. As today the wind chill factor was minus 36°. I have not ventured outside my front door and two days.

Here's hoping that 2014 is a good year for a growing family, for faith in god, for love, for forgiveness, for understanding within our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home