Conner's Grandma

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Change is OK

Yes I am writing this for myself more than anyone. My mother in law put on the biggest Christmas Eve buffets probably known to man. The table looking like something out of Martha Stewart. We all loved it so much. SHRIMP SHRIMP AND MORE SHRIMP !!! It was always something to look forward to cookies (pecan sandies to die for) Bread dips, cheese, crackers of every kind, peperoni... On and on.
For years Jack and I have carried on this tradition for our family.Well I am tired and it does not seem to bring the joy anymore just a whole lot of work for 1 hour. Drum Roll Please............This year we are starting a new tradition. Christmas Eve will bring friends and Pizza !!! Easy enough call Pizza Hut. Then Christmas Day will be the munch out all day on a huge breakfast and easy munchies for the day.
We are also inviting Jacky's friend Jay to share our Christmas with us. Jacky and Jay have known each other for years. They both live in the same apartment complex and watch movies every night and generally keep each other company. We are very excited to add Jay to our New Christmas traditions. He is a very sweet man that we love very much.
Michelle gets Conner at 1pm on Christmas Day and we will wait for the little guy to open presents. I think this brings that special joy back into our house. Having a little one and watching their eyes.
If I could send a picture of me now it is of total contentment, as I believe this will be a great Christmas with the Spirit in it. I am so grateful every day for a Savior who is there for me when I need him and to know he loves me through all my faults and shortcomings (witch are many). I am also very grateful for my wonderful husband. Nobody loves me quiet like he does (Unconditional) I am a very fortunate woman.I am grateful for each one of my children. Michelle for her courage to fight the fight she does everyday and keeping the faith in the Lord. Brandi for being an example for me when my faith seems to fail me, she always reminds me that the Lord always knows best. Jacky for his absolutely sweet way of loving almost everyone and for his ability to forgive people who have hurt him. And all my children for their undying compassion for others and their needs.I need to remember my blessings more. Merry Christmas to all who read this and may the true spirit of Christmas dwell in your hearts and homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home