Conner's Grandma

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baseline Golf Course Ocala Florida

Baseline River Bridge
Yes this is also on the Golf Course

Dad and Jack


The beautiful waterfall on the golf course









Jack on our friends golf course in Ocala
Any of you that know Jack well, know that his dreams of retirement included playing golf everyday. Unfortunately that is not to be. He would take one swing and probably never move again:( Poor Jack. I had been trying to get him to visit our friends Nan and Arlie Parker every year in Florida. But he is such a private being that it was hard. We finally talked him into going and he loved every minute of it. Arlie took him on a great tour of the course and his nursery. Words can not explain just how beautiful it is. No I can't play golf I have tried many times over the years but to no avail. I even thought in college I would take the easy Physical Ed class and take GOLF. Boy was I wrong, I still can't remember if I passed.. but I sure did try. I play golf like baseball should be played !!!
We enjoyed a great day with Nan, Arlie, their son AJ and his adorable son little Arlie. It ended with a late night diner at Arlie's favorite steakhouse. What a meal.... They are incredible host and I love them so much.
Of course shopping (SCRAPBOOK) that is was fun that day. I found a lot of things for Jack's 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger Scrapbook. An Incredible store called Griffins in Ocala, and yes they are on line. They are a Mom and Pop type store with everything a crafter could want or desire. Lets just say I shipped home 50 lbs...USPS.
Thanks to the Parker's Mom and Dad and Jack and I had a wonderful day. Jack and I snuck back to Ocala a few days later when we rented a car. OK I will let you in on that days excitement. I love a good laugh even if it is on me. Jack rented a 2008 Cadillac and wanted to see what it would do!!!! Just as he took of I put a Coke to my mouth and instead it went up my nose down my clothes and yes I snorted COKE !! I had a white tee on and lets say it was done. Off to Target we went. Jack dropped me off in front of the store I do believe he feared for his life. In Target I went with coke all over. trying to find the PLUS sizes is another great story !!! They had 2 racks of PLUS clothes. Is no one overweight in Florida !!! Finally I found another Tee and went to the check out. The cashier looked at me then the Tee and started laughing. As most of you know I laughter right along with her !!! off to the stores restroom I went to remove the coke the coke covered shirt and then headed out the door.Jack was attentively waiting to pick me up. As I got in the car he said and I quote "I like that shirt better" !!! We both got a good laugh.
Then of course I got treated to a nice steak again !!! Wow spill more coke get steak, that gives me and idea !!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home