Conner's Grandma

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Florida was Great

Here is a picture of the Happy Couple on their first ever vacation with no children ever !!!! Tomorrow we celebrate 24 years of marriage. We both feel very fortunate to have found each other and tolerated each others good and bad qualities. I really believe that is what marriage is about. Also the fact that I love this man with all my heart and soul.
We did not have a tropical vacation as Florida was experiencing it's winter. 22 above is much better to wake to than -22. days were high 50's and 60's which Jack and I love. Any time I can spend with my parents is always great to me. They are very active and kept us busy doing our favorite things Thrift stores, Scrapbook stores, Harbor Freight (yes Jack was in Heaven) and just riding.
We actually mailed home 55 pounds of books. When they are 25 cents to $2 I buy a lot and it keeps me in reading for a year or more. We also bought 2 suitcases at thrift stores and filled them full of goodies. Everything from a $4 tripod for Jacky to a Eeyore charm for Michelle to Brandi's tee shirt that says "Aunt" on it. Shells and Tees for Conner. Oh ands Conner got about 75 books for 29 cents each.
We have so many good friends in Florida that it feels like and extended family reunion. Mary and Glen,George and Nancy,Harlow and Joyce,Aunt Ruth,Bucky and Bea... We would love to get a place down there and did look at a few places but this is not the year for us. There are 4600 places for sale in Citrus County alone and we know given another year the prices will fall even more.
Brandi had a bad fall 2 days after we left down 2 flights over outside snowy cement steps and tore her ACL and Meniscus. She is in physical therapy 3 times a week and we are hoping she will heal without surgery.
I have so many great pictures that I will share soon......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home